Fume and Dust Extraction Arm Systems in Alderson, West Virginia
Alderson Fume industrial exhaust systems are designed to capture smoke, fume, dust, high-temperature air, and corrosive gases. These "pollutants" are ducted to an air cleaner (purification system) before discharge to the outside or returned to the workspace. Capturing air-entrained materials is best accomplished at the emission source, defined as source capture.
Alderson, West Virginia Fume extraction arms with hoods or suction nozzles are the number one tool to maximize source capture efficiency. They capture the contaminated airstreams while getting close to the source without disrupting or slowing down the work process or collecting too much useable product. When the task or workpiece is difficult to access, in an isolated area, or along awkward points on an assembly line, extraction arms are a proven solution for maximum particulate, smoke, and fume collection.
Multiple arm designs are available depending on the airstream constituents. The parameters evaluated are temperature, explosivity, corrosiveness, and particulate, all factors determining the type of arm that should be selected for a process application. Matching your expected exhaust volume and arm useage with the required exhaust CFM, pressure loses, and airstream being captured is what we do. SysTech has successfully applied extraction arms for over thirty years and will assist with the correct selection for your process.
Alderson Laboratory Extraction Arms
The laboratory extraction arm is comprised of thin-wall anodized aluminum tubes with polypropylene swivel joints. A frequent option selection is all polypropylene construction with stainless steel airstream components for highly corrosive airstreams. Additionally, these arms may be constructed of conductive polypropylene material for spark resistance and ATEX-rated explosive applications. Arm tube diameters range from two to four inches, and arm lengths range from two feet up to eight and a half feet. Arms can be paired with a wall or ceiling bracket, several optional hoods, or a suction nozzle. Alderson, West Virginia Laboratory bench mount arms are an option and are available in three and four-inch diameter tubes up to six feet in length.
- Various hood options for more efficient source capture include dome hoods, square hoods, flat screen hoods, metal hoods, and suction nozzles.
- Wall brackets, ceiling brackets, and table mount brackets are available.
- Polypropylene (P.P.), ESD (spark forming applications), and ATEX (combustible applications) options are available.
- Market-leading low-pressure drop
- Arm diameters include 2", 3", and 4", and arm lengths include 25", 30", 39", 45",51", 53", 59", 65", 75", 79", 83", and 104".
- Optional fume exhaust fans in aluminum, carbon steel, or PVC.
"General Purpose" Alderson, West Virginia Industrial Extraction Arm
We label these arms a standard issue because they can be universally applied to most fume and dust extraction applications. The general-purpose arm is suitable for capturing smoke, dust, or any non-corrosive product. They are constructed of smooth powder-coated steel or aluminum tubing, a capture hood with adjustment grips, flex hose joint covers, and external adjustment brackets for the hood and swivel joints. The assemblies come standard with a wall mounting bracket but also have ceiling and floor support brackets available. An internal damper is included for airflow adjustment or shutoff. The arm mounting brackets allow for 180⁰ and 360⁰ rotation. Arm diameter options range from three to ten inches, and arm lengths vary from three to thirty-two feet. The maximum airstream temperature for these arms is about 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Features and options:
- Grab handle around the hood that is aluminum powder-coated black.
- The wall bracket is powder-coated black.
- Arm diameters include 3", 4", 5", 6", and 8", and arm lengths include 3', 5', 7', 8', 10', and 14'.
- An optional fume exhaust fan in aluminum, carbon steel, or PVC.
- Black hose rated for 195 degrees Fahrenheit (intermittent 260 degrees Fahrenheit)
- A shutoff damper is built into the lower tube.
- Includes duct connection collar
Alderson, West Virginia Downdraft Tables, Benches, and Walk-In Enclosures
Dust and fume generating work areas within a facility can often be controlled with self-contained and moveable downdraft tables. Tables can be designed for tabletop downdraft only or combined with a backdraft airflow design for nuisance dust capture. Particulate micron size and the amount of collected particulate, smoke, or fume determines the air filtration systems selected, with typical options including throw-away filters, pulse-clean dust collectors, or wet collectors. For some applications, a downdraft bench that incorporates downdraft and backdraft exhaust can be designed for repetitive work processes.
Adding an enclosure around the dust source and containing the generated dust or fume in a walk-in booth minimizes the amount of air that needs to be cleaned. Dust control enclosures encapsulate processes where particulate, smoke, or fume are difficult to contain and are transported and dispersed within a room by cross drafts, mancoolers, compressed air clean-offs, or processing equipment like sanders and grinders.
Alderson WV Fume Extraction Arms
Industrial exhaust systems for capturing smoke, fume, dust, high-temperature air, and corrosive gases.
Alderson, West Virginia Weld Fume Extraction Arm
The demand for weld smoke extraction arms is always high and mandates an arm category. Depending on the application, different designs use either smooth wall or flex hose tubing. Both designs use external positioning joints and a hood with an internal adjustable damper. The units are typically wall-mounted but have ceiling and floor support bracket options. Arm diameter options range from six to eight inches, and arm lengths vary from three feet up to thirty-six feet. Personal weld fume packages include a single extraction arm, exhaust fan, and air filter.
- Low-pressure drop
- Standard units include a wall bracket. Ceiling mount options are available.
- Arm diameters include 3", 4", 5", 6", and 8", and arm lengths include 3', 5', 7', 8', 10', 14', 16', 23', 30', and 36'.
- Optional fume exhaust fans in aluminum, carbon steel, or PVC.
- Shut off dampers built internally.